Network Installation part 2

From: Anonymous User (anonymous@remailer.havenco.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 12:48:25 CEST

I ve tried to install a linux network whith mulinux as server.
The Client is a pentium 3 with win98 on it.
I ve done everything like explained in a linux newspaper.
>From there I got the explanations. I did setup -f Network and wrote the
IP ADDress and the Broadcast adress and the Networkadress and last but
not least the Netmask.
 eth0 is my interface.
I took the hostname and the Domain which Mulinux told me to take.
But after installation I was not able to reach my Windows Client whith
the ping command.Nor was I able to reach the server from the client.

Where Can I enter the workgroup. Do I need a Workgroup?

When I entered Ifconfig I was not able to see my networkcard.
I only saw the lo device?
Is that the reason?