Re: Stop the screen from blanking

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 13:46:14 CEST

Cenobyte wrote:

> Any place I can get this seperate, or do I have to download the whole
> distribution? Been looking for it without much luck

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/4.2/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/util-linux-2.5-38.i386.rpm
is just the util-linux package, which contains setterm and a few other
utilities. It's not the entire redhat 4.2 distribution. The directory
listing says it's 273k. I don't think setterm has been distributed by
itself for quite a while.

But if it's true that all setterm does is send that escape sequence, and
the escape sequence doesn't work for you, then setterm isn't going to do
you much good :-(

Stephen Isard