Re: making boot diskette

From: adrian@wells-braemar.fsnet.co.uk
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 08:25:34 CEST

One way to make the boot+root+usr diskette on a DOS/Windows machine is:
1. Ensure all the download files (dostools.zip, mulinux13r2.tgz are in a direcory eg. c:\muinst
2. Unzip dostools.zip
3. Run unpack.bat (this will expand the mulinux-13r2.tgz file)
4. Then run makefi.bat to make an installation/rescue floppy disk
5. Shut down the machine and boot up using this floppy diskette select option 1 when the menu appears and follow instructions to make the mulinux disk set.

NB. the installer diskette can also be used to create the required partitions before cloning an ext2 installation. (select 3 at the menu then run fdisk.)
The file system is automatically created as part of the clone command when an ext2 installation is selected.
I hope this has helped.
I have had no problems with it.

My best regards Adrian