[mu SETUP] booting without bootdisk

From: Rudolf Harney (rudolf.harney@web.de)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 12:09:28 CEST

Hi all!
I have installed mulinux 13r2 on an industrial PC and want it to boot without bootdisk, so the PC can reboot "by itself". I tried with the clone command, setting /dev/hda1 as the device, from where to boot, but it doesn't work. (the "cloning" worked: Linux and my files are on the hard disk. It just doesn't want to boot from there.) Has anyone an idea, what to do?

--
Rudolf Harney