I have created a mulinux v13r1 disk image for the Bochs virtual machine project

From: William mcEwan (McEwanW@hermes.cpit.ac.nz)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 03:29:04 CEST

I have created a mulinux v13r1 disk image for the Bochs virtual machine
project. Bryce Denny of Bochs has made it available for download at
sourceforge (see the emails below for details).

Cheers

William McEwan
School of Computing
Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
New Zealand

>I have copied the mulinux disk image to SourceForge at this URL
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bochs/bochsmu.zip?download
It is an 11meg download. I'm looking forward to trying it.

-Bryce (Bryce Denny, Bochs developer)<

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, William mcEwan wrote:
> I recently created an mulinux image (booting from freedos via
loadlin)
> for bochs. I intend supplying this to my students to help them
practice
> linux. It is a fairly complete mulinux with all the X stuff
> (unconfigured) and gcc compiler etc. If it is useful to you I will
> happily upload it to you - just tell me to where (I don't have
suitable
> storage here). The image is about 11 MByte compressed (either .zip
or
> .tar.gz) and 32 MByte uncompressed. I have also produced a short
readme
> for it the contents of which are below.
>
> Cheers
>
> William McEwan
> Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
>
> mulinux for Bochs readme follows:
>
> "FreeDOS/mulinux v13r2 (loadlin+loop) bochs disk image prepared by:
>
> William McEwan (scottish, in exile...)
> Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
> New Zealand
>
> FreeDOS (GNU GPL) home page: www.freedos.org.
> mulinux itself is (C) M.Andreoli but redistributable under the terms
of
> the GNU GPL (home page: http://sunsite.dk/mulinux)
>
> The mulinux loop image contains the mulinux boot, root, usr, srv,
wks,
> X11 and gcc images. Yes you can compile "Hello world!" C program on
it!
> Haven't tried configuring X here, but I installed the required
files
> incase it interests anyone.
>
> Uncompress the bochmu.img disk image into the same folder as
bochs.exe,
> start.bat, bochsrc.txt, bochsout.txt, BIOS-bochs-latest and
> VGABIOS-elpin-2.40 (or modify bochsrc.txt to the relevant paths).
> Double click the start batch file to get it going. When asked in
> mulinux, fast boot (choice 1) is suggested unless you don't mind a
VERY
> long time answering all the reconfiguration questions... The 11
MByte