Re: Compiling files

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 21:00:45 CEST

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 06:13:13PM +0200, Balogh Jozsef wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm unable to compile files (drivers), because MAKE found
> several errors in the source files. This occured with two
> drivers (SMC 9432TX /ethernet/, GUS PnP /sound/). It's hard
> to believe that both drivers are bad. What should I try?

You can compile a driver using a complete linux distribution and
the 2.0 kernel sources.

Surely, your makefile contains a line referencing the directory
/usr/src/linux; it is enough to change the directory in /usr/src/2.0,
if you unpack your kernel here.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous