Re: nfs root

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 22:18:53 CEST

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 09:59:51PM +0200, Peter Andersen wrote:
> I can't find out how to make a diskless installation.
> I can make a normal instalation and clone to a umdos disk, no problem.
> But i want to make it to run on nfs filesystem. I have a nfs point on
> the server. I call it "ip_add:/mulinux" and when i make a normal
> installation i can mount it to /nfs. But i want only the boot to be
> local. Srv, wks, X11 etc.... should be on the server.
> Please tell me how. It's probely me there is wrong but how do i do.

At the beginning, "setup -f nfs" are used to allow the nfsroot feature.
I do not know, now, it this code is still working under newer release.
The code in in /etc/rc/*nfs*

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous