Re: Re[2]: [mu SETUP] unable to change setup

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 06:12:45 CEST

> Similarly, if I change the hostname or edit /etc/issue, it all gets
> reset on reboot. I have tried going in to set up and saving to no
> avail.

If nothing else helps and you are running from system cloned to hd
you can allways remove the command the loads a saved setup
from th eboot scripts, then the configuration will be same as the
last time booted the machine.

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430