Re: [mu TECH] Trouble with AST Notebook

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 15:36:16 CEST

Last mail for a while, promise...

Would you by any chance have a laptop from the J series?

1) On some notebooks (AST J series, for example), the timer on
interrupt 0is reset to DOS default: 18 Hz. This patch re-initialize it to
100 Hz.Thanks to Pavel ({HYPERLINK "mailto:pavel@Elf.mj.gts.cz"}pavel@Elf.mj.gts.cz) for pointing out to me
that I shouldadd some delays after the outb_p() and outb() calls.

found that on
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/khg/HyperNews/get/khg/83/1.html

will include that patch to the kernel source and recompile it for you :)

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430