Re: [mu TECH] Trouble with AST Notebook

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 22:45:41 CEST

[Hangup after hd startup]
As I have configured my redhat 7.1 system on Compaq Armada
100s I have noticed that in redhat apmd configuration there is a
option wich should be enabled for some buggy hd's that can't
resume whit 32 bit io and udma, will look this up.

You could also try to use "hdparm -c -1 /dev/hda" to disable the hd
power saving, but I cant exactly remember should there be -1 or 0
after the -c argument.

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430