RE: Crystal Sound card

From: ZooT aLLures (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 04:35:14 CEST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Well without looking at the file too closely I'd say that you forgot to uncomment an (ACT YES) statement.
When setting up various ISApnp cards under linux a favorite trick of mine is to uncomment the very last (ACT YES) in the file, as this makes it a bit easier to diddle and fiddle with the settings (editing the file) while still allowing the file itself to activate the card regardless of which set of parameters you end up using

> Garry thomas Tucker <u02gtt@abdn.ac.uk> mulinux@sunsite.dk Crystal Sound cardDate: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:15:17 +0100 (BST)
>
>ok i'm still trying to get this dam card to work.
>I typed pnpdump > pnptext and got this file, but
>i dont know what to do with it now. I copied the
>originall extensa.conf and replaced parts of it
>with parts from pnpdump, and then setup -f
>isapnp, answered y to everything, selected
>extensa, and it seemed to go ok, though didn't
>give me any confirmation or anything, then setup
>sound, and the probe thing just says FAIL for
>everything it probed, so i tryed setting i/o etc
>manually to different things but nothing seems to
>work. Am i doomed to have silent mu? (attached
>is pnptext, if someone could please have a look
>at it and tell me what should be done now i would
>be very gratefull, thanks.
>

>----------------------
>Garry thomas Tucker
>u02gtt@abdn.ac.uk
>
># $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.18 1999/02/14 22:47:18 fox Exp $
># This is free software, see the sources for details.
># This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
>#
># For details of this file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
>#
># For latest information and FAQ on isapnp and pnpdump see:
># http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/
>#
># Compiler flags: -DREALTIME -DNEEDSETSCHEDULER -DABORT_ONRESERR
>#
># Trying port address 0203
># Board 1 has serial identifier a9 ff ff ff ff 36 42 63 0e
>
># (DEBUG)
>(READPORT 0x0203)
>(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
>(IDENTIFY *)
>(VERBOSITY 2)
>(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING
>
># Card 1: (serial identifier a9 ff ff ff ff 36 42 63 0e)
># Vendor Id CSC4236, No Serial Number (-1), checksum 0xA9.
># Version 1.0, Vendor version 0.5
># ANSI string -->Crystal Codec<--
>#
># Logical device id CSC0000
># Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3a
># Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3b
># Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3e
>#
># Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
># Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
># Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy
>
>(CONFIGURE CSC4236/-1 (LD 0
># ANSI string -->WSS/SB<--
>
># Multiple choice time, choose one only !
>
># Start dependent functions: priority preferred
># First DMA channel 1.
># 8 bit DMA only
># Logical device is a bus master
># DMA may execute in count by byte mode
># DMA may not execute in count by word mode
># DMA channel speed type A
># (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
> [...]

Visit the world's greatest site at http://www.farts.com and listen to the fart
of the day. Also, get your very own farts.com E-mail account. FREE!!!!!