Re: [mu TECH] Crystal sound card

From: Garry thomas Tucker (u02gtt@abdn.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 15:33:11 CEST

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:32:56 -0500 Alfie Costa
<agcosta@gis.net> wrote:

> The card may or may not be compatible -- there's two kinds of cards labelled
> 'SB compatible', those that use compatible hardware, (good for mu), and those
> that attempt to emulate the SB in software, (not good). Do you have a manual
> for your sound card?

Its definetly software emulation then, guess i'll
leave it alone, i dont need sound anyway i only
use the computer for writing and playing games
anyway. The isapnp thing though - i run it and
it just gives me an error message, and i dont
know anything about how to rewrite the script
thing. On a completely different note i like
the "your computer needs to reboot" then "only
joking" part of the install, quite funny. Thanks
for trying to help anyway