Re: backup again

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 21:44:27 CEST

> Question about backups and devices: If I backup /dev/hda1 (the first
> partition of hda), to a file, I can mount this file and do things with it
> using the loopback device. However, if I backup /dev/hda, is there any
> way I can get in there and mount the filesystems inside it?

I'm not sure, but I think that there is no easy way of doing it, but
knowing the opensource programmers, there might be a way to
use the HD image as a "fake hd" and mount the partitions inside it,
if not you can always write one yourselft utilizing the kernel
sources, but...

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430