Re: Debian's cdroms

From: Christian Leber (christian@leber.de)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 20:27:33 CET

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 06:58:38PM +0100, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> If someone of You has the complete set of cdroms (i.e: all cdrom,
> with sources ) of latest Debian release and can send me via air-mail,
> I can pay for the whole operation.

Are you sure that you would like to have Debian 2.2 (potato)?
It's basically really old, i don't even remember when the freeze began ;)

I could create 2.2 rev5 cd's after updating my lokal mirror, but source
don't make seens, because it makes no seens to hack on obsolute versions.
(3 CD's)

For modern hardware (read: you need XFree86 >=4, kernel 2.4) i would
suggest woody. (i could probably create them easily from my local
mirror, i hope the fsn.hu guys are updating them soon).
(7 CD's) (there is some tool avaible, named jigdo, it is able to create
an cd image from a small file and a mirror)

There are a lot of companies selling Debian very cheap:
http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

Only 3 in italy, a little bit more expensive then the ones in germany,
but not really expensive, in germany there are a lot of people doing
this commercially (or half, i do not think that it is possibly to get
rich, when selling 3 CD's for 7 EUR ;-) ) and sending them
internationally or at least in europe. (for example schlittermann)

Regards,
Christian Leber

P.S. older revisions are also ok, the update is easy and needs only few
megs of download

--
  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)