sound card driver (Crystal CSC4236)?

From: Michael Hartje (hartje@etech.hs-bremen.de)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 15:20:15 CET

is there any driver module for the Crystal Codec CSC4236? The chiplabel
is CX4235-XQ3.

I downloaded module-2.0.36.tgz. There are 2 sound modules included:
"sound" and "sound-irq5".

Where can I find the sources?

As I know the kernel 2.0.xx offers kernel sound for the cs423x.

Is it included in the sound modules? which one? what paraameters should
I give.

up to now I got the card to work as a "sb-clone" after configure with
edited isapnp.conf. But compared to an other sb-clone, the mic-gain is
very poor!, the audio output is very strong.

any hints are wellcome.

Thanks

Michael Hartje