Re: Perl addon (5.00503)

From: Jonathan Snow (jesnow@mpch-mainz.mpg.de)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 17:00:04 CET

This is my first time posting to this group.

I too wondered why libc6 is on PERL, if anything
libc6 compatibility might deserve its own addon.
Or is that taboo, proposing another addon?

Jon.

btw, I'm really enjoying playing with mu, and learning
a lot doing things to it I would never dare on my
main system...

Fabio Soldati wrote:

> Sure, you're right.
> I compiled this addon for my own requirements in the first place. And I
> don't need libc6 support.
> But I don't urge anyone to use this addon ;)
>
> A remark: Why are the libc6 on the perl addon? I know we're always low
> on disk space. But is this the right place?
>
> Fabio

PD Dr. Jonathan E. Snow
Max-Planck Institut für Chemie, Abt. Geochemie
Postfach 3060, D-55020 Mainz, Germany
jesnow@mpch-mainz.mpg.de
http://www.mpch-mainz.mpg.de/~geo/snow
TEL:(01149) 6131 305 202 (or 281 to lv. msg.)
FAX:(01149) 6131 371 051