Re: Dynamic DNS

From: ZooT aLLures (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 21:22:31 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Upon giving this idea some thought, as well as looking at my own network setup, I've found what I consider to be a minor flaw in grepping ifconfig in my particular case(which I'm sure could be quite common).
I myself am using IP_Masq and NAT on a "router" machine, and have multiple other backend machines connected to the net via this "router".
On any of my back end machines, if using your system and grepping ifconfig, the DNS info sent to the "DNS server" would contain my private "internal only" IP number(192.168.x.x), and thus any attempt at DNS resolution would be negated unless executed from the router itself.

Have you considered this?