Re: mulinix and XP

From: Sabina & Franz (sabina@niedermeyer.org)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 04:45:54 CET

I just recently used Professor Andreoli's recommended method for Windows
NT. This should work the same for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

>From the README.txt in archive DOSTOOLS.ZIP:

[begin quote]
UNPACKING THE archives
-----------------------------

1) Create a new directory (eg. c:\mulinux) and move DOSTOOLS.zip,
mulinux-VERSION.tgz and the addons into it.
2) Unzip DOSTOOLS.zip using pkunzip or equivalent (Winzip).

eg:
                c:\mulinux> pkunzip DOSTOOLS.zip

3) Run unpack.bat

                c:\mulinux> unpack

  This will open the main archive mulinux-VERSION.tgz

METHOD 1: using the Installer Disk (Suggested for WinNT)

a) Run makefi.bat (formerly makefd.bat) in a DOS window:

        c:\mulinux> makefi

  This will create the "Installation Disk". It is formatted as
  usual, i.e. 1440k.

b) Put this disk in the drive and reboot
[end quote]

The 1.44MB diskette you create with the method described above contains a
bootable Linux kernel which will automatically guide you through the
process of creating the 1.7MB diskettes you need.

Best of luck! Just note that I did suffer problems from a corrupted file
on one of the diskettes. I had to redo the process of downloading and
creating the distribution diskettes, and everything worked fine. Bravo,
Michele and friends!

-Franz