Re: Dynamic DNS

From: no one (allyourfriendsaremakebelieve@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 00:41:23 CET

This is a very useful thing to have;
however, having to
load up libc6 just to use it is a bit heavyhanded...

The process of logging into dynamic dns server's to update the ip's should
be a fairly simple business...
ez-ipupdate ( http://www.gusnet.cx/proj/ez-ipupdate/ )
might be a better method, I've never quite got around to trying & compiling
it on mulinux...
even if a straight cross-compile is not possible, it should be easy enough
to write a more simple client in mulinux c (or rather only using its
restricted libs), or even one with script & nc :-)

Does anybody else have any experience? A minimalist dynDNS service would be
very useful...