Re: [mu SETUP]

From: Maxim Belooussov (m.belooussov@chello.nl)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 21:17:14 CET

Hello All,

Monday, January 14, 2002, 12:30:17 AM, you wrote:

S> Who can say me how to install Cyrillic support
S> for Mu-Linux???

It is pretty easy. There are already console cyrillic fonts. When the
user selects locale, cyrillic fonts would be loaded if the user
selects RU.

The fonts are KOI-8, but some users use CP866 (better table support in
text mode), but KOI-8 is better for e-mail (if you configure your
email client properly first to let through 8-bit characters).

I also used setfont utility to load the fonts I want. Lynx is not so
interesting for internetting, but some sites worked correctly with it.

For X-windows system you can simply install cyrillic fonts from any
old slackware distro - it's a tarball, anyway. Then in X-windows
config file just say that there is one more subdir for Cyrillic fonts.

I've used Netscape 3 with mu with cyrillic fonts and it worked great!

The problem may be that I could not configure typing under X in
Russian - I was (and still am) just a beginner.

Hope this helps a bit,

--
Best regards,
 Maxim