ANN e3 v2.0 released

From: Albrecht Kleine (kleine@ak.sax.de)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 20:07:45 CET

Hi,

as the subject already says, there is a new version of
e3 editor available.
Due the release date it is some kind of a Christmas present ;-)

http://www.sax.de/~adlibit/e3-2.0.tar.gz

What's new since my last announce of e3 on this list (v1.71) ?

Most important are some enhancements in vi emulation mode,
for example now we have the typical vi cursor left motion
when entering the command mode, also you could be interested
in using the new keybinding ^Z (SUSPEND like in original vi),
also I rewrote the e3vi marker code.

Also new is the support of some other OS:
QNX, NetBSD, OpenBSD and WINDOW$ 9x.

And of course there are some bugfixes.

But at all we are still at the same code size, i.e.:
only 9000 byte selfcompressed executable and
only 13000 byte uncompressed executable on Linux.

Merry Christmas,
Albrecht