Re: [mu TECH]

From: Daniel Webb (webb@robust.colorado.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 22:38:43 CET

> >From: Daniel Webb <webb@robust.colorado.edu>
> >I am using Debian testing, and have problems with the lastest mulinux
> >(v.12r2). Mulinux seems to depend on floppy disk devices being named:
> >"fd0H1440" and "fd0H1720",
> >but Debian has the devices:
> >"fd0h1440" and "fd0h1722"
> >
> >Does anyone know what the deal is?
>
> If you don't like it, you can change it.
> Just mknod the new devices if you have the SRV
> addon.

  I would like to find out if there is a way for mulinux to work without
changes on Debian, Slackware, and Suse. Right now it doesn't. I'm not
sure where to find out why some distributions use one format, and others
use another. Do distributions other than Redhat use the fd0H1440 version?

  I have Digital Unix in the office, and it has fd0, fd0a, and fd0c.

  Tru64 Unix uses /dev/disk/floppy /dev/disk/floppy0a and
/dev/disk/floppy0c.

  Is there any kind of standard for this, or does every distribution just
make something up?

  What distributions does mulinux work with?