Linux distros

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 19:32:05 CET

Hello friends,
my legs are trembling for disgust starting now this worn-out thread, but
what's the better Linux distributions, at your opinion?

I just installed and tested RH7.2, and I'm swallow my rage (sorry for
slang: I'm fetching directly from my dictionary and do not know
exactly what I'm saying. In italiano: "sto avendo un travaso di bile").

Desktop is wonderfull, ok, but I'm unable to get working properly the
server side. I think, even Slackware is better of RedHat, from this
point of view. I'm ashamed, but even ftp-server I wasn't able to install
and run :-(

I still run my old Debian 2r2, but boot scripts in RH are trashware!
Any way, only an opinion.

There is, from Europe, Asia, America and Africa, a Linux distribution
acceptable in both side: desktop and server functions?
I wish only apache, ssh, ftp, telned and samba.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous