Re: Ghostscript in muLinux

From: S Isard (stisard@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 00:10:12 CET

--- Adam Ellis <AdamE@AccelGrp.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know if it is possible to run
> ghostscript in muLinux

I've recently put the ghostscript and gv from RedHat
5.2 onto a muLinux system. I downloaded them from the
UK RedHat mirror site.

Since they come in the form of rpm files, I had to
convert them to tar files in order to install them. I
used rpm2cpio and cpio --extract on a RedHat 6 system
to unpack the files into a directory tree, and then
tarred that up. I believe that debian has a rpm2tgz
command that is essentially a shell script for
executing the commands that I typed in.

Good luck.

Stephen Isard