Re: Super-quoters chastened?

From: Jochen Cichon (j.cichon@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 10:55:52 CET

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:04:35AM -0500, Alfie Costa wrote:
> There's too many quotes on this list. 30 lines will be quoted, (when one or
> two would do), just to add one sentence. Sometimes even taglines or mailing
> list taglines are quoted. Such messages are hard to read.

I know what you mean. But the problem is the most user outside are using
some so called Operating System M$... you know?!
And that Email Proggi cant handle that.
Another problem is often that there are even html text inside (ok not
here on the list, phew...) but the user don't know that EMAIL si just
PLAIN 7bit ASCII. The even think a word text is a real TEXT file. ;(

I had an old email program some years ago, wich runs under DOS. And was
superb!!!! That was a great email thing.
It can handle threads and so on...
AND if you do a reply to someone, with more lines quoted than written
(can be configurated)

Joschi