Re: [mu SETUP] isp/pppd setup

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 15:38:06 CET

oliver goetting wrote:

> My ISP (Arcor.net in Germany) uses CHAP,

You didn't say so explicitly, but I suppose you do have an
/etc/ppp/chap-secrets file? (Format the same as for /etc/pap_secrets.)

> is there a way
> to monitor the authorization handshake ?

If you turn on the "debug" option to pppd (e.g., put a line saying
"debug", without the quotes, in your /etc/ppp/options file) the
negotiation should turn up in a log file if you've enabled system
logging with 'setup -f syslog'.

> Any
> documentation, what and where to tweak manually?

There's a good web page at http://axion.physics.ubc.ca/ppp-linux.html.

Good luck.

Stephen Isard