Re: mulinux & AMD CPU

From: Paul Midgley (paulmidgley@freeuk.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 20:11:36 CEST

Hello

I have had the same problem with a Cyrix DX4 100mhz chip. I have tried a few
versions of mulinux with no success. The boot screen comes up and mulinux is
uncompressed but then I get a CRC error and mulinux does not load and the
machine just stops.

I have run mulinux on my pentium machine with no problems and think it is a
good system and I was keen to use it on my old 486 machine.

I have never tried changing the speed of the chip. I will try that and see
if it runs, I will drop it down to 50 mhz.

Regards

Paul