Re: [kalojan@kalojan.de: Unix-Tutorial on Bulgarian]

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@kde.org)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 07:45:13 CEST

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 22:49, Sebastian Leske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > This is the site: http://linux.kalojan.de from Kalojan.
> > > I added the right link on the home site.
> > >
> > > Michele
> >
> > Ops! I will remove soon, because the site emits a lot of banners
> > in germans, and I cannot control the contents.
>
> Well, I only get one or two banners. Annoying, but it seems they come
> from the hosting company that provides the webspace. Many free or cheap
> webspace hosters do that; it's just the price you pay for getting the
> webspace cheaply.

Please try this link and see if the banners are still there:

   http://www.kalojan.f2s.com/linux/index.html

<grin>

> > Furthmore, the site is totally unreadable.
>
> Well, it's quite readable. It's just in Russian :-).
> There are links near the top to versions in English and German though
> (but the links are themselves in Russian...).
>
> > If someone can validate this site for me, please advice and
> > I will re-add it.
>
> Hope that can serve as advice.

Perhaps mentioning that the site is in russian language might help?

Also you could list this alternative links for convenience of people
like me that are _not_ being able to understand russian:

http://rowa.giso.de/english/index.html - A free Basic UNIX-training
                                           with muLinux

http://rowa.giso.de/german/index.html - Eine frei verwendbare Unix-
                                           Grundlagenschulung mit muLinux

http://rowa.giso.de/esperanto/index.html - Senpaga Unix, baza kurso
                                           per muLinux

BTW, the last link could very well be what we in germany call a
"Alleinstellungsmerkmal" - something absolutely unic that makes a
difference between muLinux and any other Linux:

   an _Esperanto_ language linux course based on muLinux!

The translation of the course doesn't seem to be done yet but there is
a fine start page and two pretty esperanto-english and esperanto-german
word lists with lots of computer related terms, so - if somebody wants
to joins translation work - Robert Warnke surely will appreciate any help.

Greetings,

  Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>