Re: Running mulinux on a 486

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 22:35:38 CEST

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 06:24:31PM -0700, Paul Midgley nicely wrote:

> [...]

After booting, do not load the addons. At the prompt, mount the CD-ROM:

                # mount /cdrom

Now, you will have addons in the directory /cdrom.
Run now setup -f XYZ for each addon: abort when it ask you for a floppy
disk. A this point, Setup ask you for a directory of filename:
write /cdrom/XYZ.tgz.

As alternative:

                fdformat /dev/fd0H1722
                for each addons
                cat /cdrom/XYZ.tgz > /dev/fd0H1772
                setup -f XYZ
                forend

> BTW the version of mulinux I am trying to install is 12r0. I do have an
> earlier version and will try creating a boot disc with that version.

Ops! Solution 1) is for the last release. You can use solution 2), or
also solution 3)

Solution 3)

                # setup -f XYZ from=/cdrom/XYZ.tgz

mmmm .... I suspect a misunderstanding of mine: are you speaking
about mu script ??

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous