Termcap and lilo

From: Jan Leverén (janlev@home.se)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 16:36:53 CEST

> > Is there any termcap-entry just like "linux", but without color?
> > (The screen can handle graphics, and I can run x-windows without any trouble.)
> If you has access to another linux, you can put your own terminfo. I do not
> know what is the best for you.

Ok, I tried that, and it didn't work. I copied the termcap of my Redhat 7.1, and it gave me som problems.

When i booted mu, I got a message: "Termcap entry to long" (just after log-on).

I tried anyway, and found that "less" was a good way to test things, when i set TERM to "linux-m" and ran less, it said "linux-m not found" (it's in there, I checked). And when i set it to "linux" it was found, but gave segmentation-fault and locked the console.

So i changed back to the original termcap, and think I will have to learn to live without mc. (Probably it's a bad habit anyway. :-)

> May this will work:
>
> other=/dev/hda1
> label=win
> table=/dev/hda