Re: More on: 22% and crash

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 21:58:07 CEST

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 01:39:02AM +0700, Andrew Criswell nicely wrote:
> Dear Michelle and friends:
>
> I loaded BOOT+USR from my floppy and logged in as "root" with no problem.
> I didn't add any other addons.) On another computer, I then copied from
> the mulinux.tgz distribution the file bin/lilo which is 199KB to another DOS
> formatted floppy disk. Again, no problem.
>
> Then onto my little Notebook: mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt (no
> problem here)
>
> Then: cp /mnt/lilo /usr/bin (but now I get "no space left on
> device.")

Ramdisks are full: copy it in /tmp and call it with the complete
path: /tmp/lilo.
Or, better: create a symlink:

                # cd /usr/bin
                # ln -s /tmp/lilo .

> So, I cannot "clone" without lilo and I cannot get lilo into RAM. If mulinux
> is intended for small machines like my own, how come its so difficult to get
> it to work properly?

It is not intended as EXT2 system, because to add LILO is matter of
experts.

In the past, lilo was little; recently, I changed it in a static binary,
in order to not have problem using this binary in any kind of linux
installation.

Michele ( with a single "l", because I'm a male guy)

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous