[mu tech] PCMCIA again...

From: Michael Gruner (stockraser@yahoo.de)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 19:33:31 CEST

dear Michele and all the mulinux user,

sorry that i come up again with that old pcmcia story,
but i red the pcmcia howto and think there ist a
little hope to get the one or other problems fixed...

ok, i'm just not a linux/unix guru like michele *;o) ,
so i don't understand perfectly what your scripts work
like. when i red the pcmcia howto there was a command
"cardctl", but trying it on my mulinux laptop it says:
command not found. with that command it should be
possible to to scan the pcmcia soket and get more
information about, how to make the right
/etc/pcmcia.conf ?! I think the often problem is, that
the card can be used, but is not well configured
because of wrong/no lines for that card in
/etc/pcmcia/pcmcia.conf ??? i think i got a message
like that cardctl should produce with the cardmgr, but
i cant reproduce that line in /var/log/messages, now
there are only these lines when cardmgr is startet:

+ register_serial undefined
+ unregister_serial undefined
linux-2.0.36) don't match your linux-2.0.36
insmod exited with status 2
get dev info on socket 0 failed: try again

ok, now my question: can you help me ? the modem card
is a Elsa Microlink 28.8MC. Michele: if i can support
you in any way, please tell me how ! mulinux is on
many laptops and getting it on more boxes good pcmcia
support is an essential thing, i think ?! Ok, how
could i support you ? don't know...i have basic
knowledge in sh-scripting, i'm able to compile a
kernel...but please don't ask me about libs... *;o)

ok, Michele, thank you for the great work done on
mulinux!!!

cu michael