Re: CD-issue again

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 15:35:20 CEST

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 01:00:26PM +0000, MPfeifer nicely wrote:
> so it isn't a problem to burn mu onto a cd with "clone"
> (i didn't get it to work yet).

Why didn't worked? I burn MU regurarly for a lot of friends using "clone".

> does mu from cd save all the settings onto a vfat-filesystem? or is it not
> possible to save anything?

A possible solution is to modify permanently a mulinux's boot-script, before
to cloning it in the ISOFS format.
The good choice is to modify /etc/rc/mount_usr adding (at the end) something
like (to be tested):

# set -- `scan ide-hd`
# first=$1
# mkdir /store; mount $first /store;
# mkdir -p /store/mu_startup
# mkdir -p /store/mu_startup/init
# ln -s -f /store/mu_startup /startup

As you can see, this mount the first HD in the /store mount-point, then
define /startup as symlink the the DOS directory "mu_startup".
In the subdirectory "init" on this directory, the Setup script will save
the profiles. Fortunately, profiles files are created in the 8.3
syntax.

As step II, you can clone in the CD.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous