Re: Protect your own

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 20:02:25 CEST

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:56:33AM -0500, joseph castleschouldt nicely wrote:

> When you believe that a
> certain person is guilty, you kill him so that another
> person's mother will not die.
> This probably sounds strange to you because we come
> from different backgrounds but I believe this is the only way that the world
> will find any peace.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Do you cure your disases simply eliminating
sympthoms? No sure.

In Italy, for example, a kind of political terrorism is currently eradicated;
but this is not a government success. Terrorism ended because it's material
and ideological basis (the '70 age) is finished (the same in Germany).
In the '70 age youngs was discussing about to refund the universe; now
youngs are discussing about different, minimal topics.

On the other hand, Mafia is still up and running. Why? The Italy's government
used against Mafia more power then against Terrorism, but Mafia is not
eradicated at all, because it's material basis (i.e. electoral, political
and economical connivance) is still running.

If we do arrest (or kill) any mafia-man, we do not solve the problem, because
they children will remain such, if unemployment still is 70% in some part
of Southern Italy.

I hope my argument should be clear.
We can capture, process and kill Mr. Bin Laden, but if we do not solve the
real problem from the foundamental, this is only a palliative.

And the foundamental problem is: 1-Giga is rich and 5-Giga does'nt, on this
planet (this is not an opinion of mine, but comes from important
commentators and opinion-makers).

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous