News problem in lynx

From: Cenobyte (cenobyte6@home.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 21:18:08 CEST

This is kind of like two questions in one. I can't seem to post to newsgroups
inside of lynx. I can only do it with the "news" program.
I've checked /usr/var/log to see what rpost.log has to say about things.
I get:

expect [*200*]
-> got [200 @Home Canada News (Twister v1.2.0)]
sent [mode reader\r]
expect [*200*posting ok]
-> got [200 @Home Canada News (Twister v1.2.0)]
sent [POST\r]
expect [*340*Ok]
-> got [500 Syntax Error or Unknown Command]
rpost: Sending ARTICLE.
sent [.\r]
expect [*240*posted]
-> got [500 Syntax Error or Unknown Command]
sent [quit\r]
rpost: article posted

No idea what this means.

Also, is there any way to configure the defaults for the news settings in
that news program? Like the Organization term?
Thanks muchly..

If anyone needs advise on setting up port forwarding, please let me know.
I have done a fair bit of that..

--
Thirring Institute for Applied Gravitational Research
http://thirring.org