problems with superformatted floppies

From: Adam Nash (adam@comit.recruitnet.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 08:24:46 CEST

Hi All,
I'm trying to install mulinux on an old 486dx33 with 8Mb ram. The
boot+root disk and the usr disk go on fine, but when I try to install
the wks or X11 floppies, they get part way through then the floppy
drive's light goes off and the system just stops.
For example, the WKS disk goes like this:

Creating /dev/ram3 ramdisk ...
mke2fs 1.10, 24-Apr-97 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
Completed 22%

...it clicks through "Completed 1%" up until 22% then just stops.
Same thing happens with the X11 disk, but it gets to 47% before
stopping

Assumedly this is because of the overformatting (or whtevr its called)
of the floppy? Is there a way of getting the modules onto two
ordinarily formatted floppies, or is it something I am doing wrong?
Would very much like to work this out, so would appreciate any help
anyone can give me.
Cheers,
Adam
adam@comit.recruitnet.com.au