Re: PCMCIA Modem

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 09:31:14 CEST

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 02:43:42PM +0200, Michael Gruner nicely wrote:
> > hello michele,
> >
> > do you know a workaround for this problem or any idea
> > of fixing it ?
> >

> A workaround? Unfortunately, this is not a bug, but a matter of
> unexistent and/or out-of-date drivers. PCMCIA is a fast-growing
> technology, compared to muLinux and its kernel, where software is
> often obslolescent, and more often only a demo.

So the only way to "fix" this is to compile a updated version of the
PCMCIA package so that it will run under mu or try to find a
precompiled binaries that are linked to libc5 that should do it, but
donn't try this with a ram based muLinux.

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430