Re: can't install - DOS w. <4M

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 14:19:37 CEST

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install muLinux on my notebook (486sx, 4MB RAM,
> 120MB HDD, floppy, KTI PE300 Paralell port Ethernet).
> I started lowmem.bat, made 1,75MB floppy with root filesystem.
> System is booted and I wanted to setup. Setup program not found
> something. Scanning directories and asked my mulinux partition on
> /dev/hda1. Disk images Not found!

You will need to have the addon images on the hd of the laptop,
preferably on the dir c:\mulinux\ but any dir at c:\ should do, but
dirs like c:\linux\mu won't work. there must be only _one_ level of
directory, as the mu setup only searched dirs c:\*\ (not c:\*\*\)
Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430