(OT)Re: pc2pc unix-tips.eng

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 18:28:41 CEST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Just as a sidenote,

The rest of the old LOpht site, particularly the archives, seems to be defunct.
I guess they merged with some other security site*sigh*
It seems the "Black crawling systems" archives have been lost to the dust of time.

But from another point of view:

While watching recent issues, and proposed new legislation, even having a utility as netcat installed on a hard disk could be a crime in the very near future.(God forbid)
Again it would seem that idiots are going to be protected by attempting to cripple and hinder the intelligent.

Would mulinux have ever made it past being just a concept were it not for utilities such as netcat???