Re: muLinux and isdn

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 16:06:02 CEST

> hi.
> i would like to know if i can use mulinux with my isdn card. i am using avm
> fritz a1. i do not want to make any changes to my hard disk so this must work
> without an installed hard disk only with the use of the memory.
> thanx very much in advance.
> fabian

The bad news is that mulinux is based on a very old kernel and
compiled without that little isdn support that that kernel has. This
means that you CANNOT use isdn from mu, execpt for some rare
cases, like my external isdn-"modem" wich uses at-commands to
dial. So to use isdn under linux you need some other more moder
linux distribution, like Red Hat, SuSe or Mandrake, but all theise
require a hard disk installation, but they _can_ install to a ms-dos
partition and boot with loadlin or boot floppy, so this type of
installation will be easy to clean afterwards and it won't alter any
configuration of other operating system already on that machine.

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430