X-Windows Problems with libc

From: Bjoern Lehmann (Bj.Lehmann@web.de)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 08:44:50 CEST

Hi !

I want to run Xwin under mulinux (most recent stable release)
on a 486/33 Mhz with 8Mb Ram and 1Mb vga-graphic card (configured
with 1 Mb of course in setup menu).
Xwin/fvwm95 runs up, shows a blank screen with the mouse pointer
(mouse works) and the goes back to the command line.
In the log file the error message is for various programms
either 'can't map libc...' or 'can't load libc...'.
Xwin/afterstep also runs up and shows a blank screen with
a mouspointer. I can open menus and execute programms,
which however do not start, the same error messages appear
in the log file.
What goes wrong ? Can someone help me ?

Thanks in Advance,
Bjoern