Re: Color -- Yes/No -> Si/No / ixnay / better input routine

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 21:09:23 CEST

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 09:20:44AM -0400, HTom4722@aol.com nicely wrote:

> As a scheme it fails utterly on those old lunchbox computers that have orange
> & black plasma displays.

An additional problem, indeed. You are right.

> And it's not very useful for those users who are
> colorblind. But it could be an added option of some sort, early on; "Use
> color emphisis (y) or text (n) or both (b):"
>

> required() { if COLORPROMPT prompt GREEN $*
> else if TEXTPROMPT prompt "REQUIRED" $*
> else if COLORTEXTPROMPT prompt GREEN "REQUIRED" $*
> else prompt $*
> endif
> endif
> endif }

<humor>
So, a single statement like that:

                required CARD "$CARD" `tell Enter the Ethernet Card Name`"

that in Debian requires a simple "echo" command, in muLinux will requires:

        1. three nexted if-block
        2. a call to the internal function prompt()
        3. a call to `tell`, external AWK program.

</humor>

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous