Re: MUX...

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 04:59:42 CEST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Michele,

MUD is short for Multi User Dungeon, a usually text based virtual world(although there graphical MUD's out there).
In the BBS days these were very popular.

Mostly they've been used as the basis for "adventure" style games.
Quite recently there's been a resurgence of interest in MUDs with many being modified into multi user chat interfaces, commitee conference rooms and even virtual classrooms. Usually these MUD's have some sort of programming interface for the purpose of building the MUD "world" itself.

A MUD add-on might be a very good thing to have, if for no other reason than to add some extra versatility with which to let folks with a bit of imagination "create" and explore a very old yet new aspect of the online/BBS scene.

After all, sometimes to see the future one is best off to look at the past.......