Re[2]: Yes/No -> Si/No / ixnay / better input routine

From: Maxim Belooussov (m.belooussov@chello.nl)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 22:32:56 CEST

Hello Alfie,

Sunday, June 24, 2001, 9:56:35 PM, you wrote:

AC> On 24 Jun 2001, at 10:49, HTom <mulinux@sunsite.dk> wrote:

AC> ( Ja Si Oui Yes Ne Hai Ja Da Tak Jest Igen Po Evet Aiwa 1 --> y
AC> Nein No Non No Okhee Iie Nee Nu Nie Ne Nem Jo Hayir Lah 0 --> n ) (y/n)?

And now add to this the fact that there are different Cyrillic
encodings (although one main for unix) in Russian plus the number of
supported languages is going to be HUGE - hopefully ;)

I think that "Y/N" would be enough, but with prompt the user on wrong
input:

"make sure your keyboard is set to English charset, type "Y" or "N".
Typically you can change keyboard charset with Ctrl+LShift or
Alt+Lshift"

 - it would save many people from wreaking havoc on their system.

AC> face. The script would accept only yYnN or <Enter>. Some util like MsDos'
AC> 'CHOICE' or BASIC's 'INKEY$' would be needed though.

That's for DOS version? The "bat" file can be in English, because my
win/dos box is not set up to support cyrillic in the dos prompt. For
linux shell the shell script can handle it.

--
Best regards,
 Maxim