Re: [mu TECH] How do I upload my own web pages?

From: C. Astley (c.astley@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 14:07:55 CEST

I've done it !

First I created a new directory in the ftp root called website, and
gave it full permissions (my ftp server is only local).
Then, after a lot of trial and error, I've written this little script:

chmod 644 /home/ftp/website/*
mv -f /home/ftp/website/* /usr/srv/thttpd

When I run the script, the contents of the 'website' directory are
moved to the web server root, leaving ftp/website empty for the next
transfer.
Well, it seems to work anyway :-)

Thanks to all for your help and comments, especially to Michele for
pointing me to the correct web server root.

Collin