[mu setup ?] Extracting Add-on-Files doesn't work

From: frank (franky@linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 00:12:57 CEST

Hello,

As a Newbie I'm trying muLinux for the first time. It's running on an
old Toshiba T4400SXC-Notebook with only 8 MB RAM as well as on my
Pentium 900 Workstation. I like it very much and so I started to give it
an extra Partition on my Harddrive. To install Lilo, I downloaded the
SRV.tgz-File. Download was o.k; Size of File was matching. On my running
Linux-Mandrake a "tar -zxf SRV.tgz" gives a "gzip: stdin: not in gzip
format" Output. My Ark-Program on x-window is showing a lot of
indifferent and unreadable Filenames as Content of SRV.tgz and can't
also extract it.
I tried the other add-on-Files and other mirror-sites: Same Problem!
But downloading and extracting the muLinux-File was o.k. Can anybody
help
me?

Thank you and Greetings from Germany

Frank