Re: porting... X windows question

From: A Mooron (moorons@themail.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 20:45:38 CEST

>I am having some problems getting X to cooperate (Generic 256K video card,
>320x240 resolution is the best I can get) in Slackware.
>Since I have never had any problems getting X to work or look good in
>muLinux is it possible to copy the X stuff from mu over to my Slackware
>machine and use the X configs (probe, etc.) in Slackware?
>
>-Brett

_YES_, find the xf86config file (might be wrong name...) once you have X
running nicely under mu.

Replace the slack one under /etc with the rustic one.

I used this to get my 800x600 laptop screen running at full res under
slack, pretty fantastic how mu's probe managed to better many frustrating
hours spent reading howto's & getting nowhere.

Jarv