Re: muLinux v12.0: SVGA X Server and Netscape

From: Roberto Román Hdez. (peterkas@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 00:50:05 CEST

El mar, 19 jun 2001, escribiste:
> I was just waiting for a translation in spanish, because it is one of the major
> languages in the world. I also would like a french translation, because these
> two language, often, are used in countries where computers have not much RAM,
> such Africa, Sud America, etc.
>
> Thank you Roberto, for this email: it offers me the chance to explains again
> what to do.
>
> In the /usr/wks/lang directory, located in the WKS addon, there is a
> files called "it.db".
> As first step you have to do that:
>
> # cp it.db es.db
>
> A this point, you can add your name in the file "availables", in the
> same directory.
>
> Ok, now you will open the file es.db with "vi" or "e3", or also will port
> the file under es.txt in Windows notepad.exe.
>
> In this file you will find a long sequence of like these:
> Do you want syslogd support? (y/n)
> ^A
> Vuoi attivare il demone syslogd? (y/n)
> ^B
>
> The "^A" and "^B" are ASCII markers. The first, separate the original
> fractured sentence (Do you want syslogd support?) from the italian
> translated sentence (Vuoi attivare il demone syslogd?).
> The second "^B", marks the begin of the next entry in the data-base.
>
> Please: do not remove markers and do not translate the fractured part.
> You must translate the "italian" part in spanish. You can break your
> translation over more lines, but is is preferable to mantain the
> same length, in rows.
>
> When translation is finished (ohi, this may take a while ...) you
> can test your works with "setup -f lang", specifying LANG=es.
>
> That's all.
>
> Michele

Hi
I have a silly question about the correct manipulation of db file.
Spanish is the fourth language in the available languages list. Ok . In this
examples, which one is correct?

1)

Do you want syslogd support? (y/n)
 ^A
 Vuoi attivare il demone syslogd? (y/n)
 ^B
¿Desea activar el demonio syslogd? (y/n)
 ^C

2)

Do you want syslogd support? (y/n)
 ^A
 Vuoi attivare il demone syslogd? (y/n)
 ^C
 ^D
¿Desea activar el demonio syslogd? (y/n)
 ^E

I think is the first one, (with Spanish language in 3º position in avaiables
database), but I need confirmation. Is it correct the new ASCII marker?

Thaks for anwer this stupid question.