Re: muLinux v12.0: SVGA X Server and Netscape

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@bugcops.org)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 23:26:37 CEST

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 23:19, Bob Romprey wrote:
..
> The addition of netscape 3.x puts a rather fine polish unto the mulinux
> project as a whole. Up until this point users either had to do some custom
> butchering or be satisfied with either with lynx, or in older distributions
> chimera.
>
> As per my usual I'll continue to be quite satisfied using mulinux in it's
> most rustic sense...(a one disk wonder).....but for what I preceive as the
> majority of users the addition of netscape will(and should) be welcomed
> with open arms. After all most folks want a complete distribution to do
> many things with, rather than a rustic distribution with which they can see
> how much they can do with a set of "base tools" and some creative
> implementation*grin*.

That's exactly what I thought when reading Michele's letter today.

Thanks Bob for finding the words to express it, I was wondering *how* I could
tell you that I like seeing muLinux become a more and more 'complete'
distribution without stopping to serve well as a one-disk tool.

Including Netscape was a very good idea, I am looking forward to hearing that
the files are there so we can beta-test it... :-)

Greetings,

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer                            But the only way to really make
Senior Software Engineer                     sure your server is secure,