Re: Cloning to HD

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 17:54:27 CEST

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:28:39AM +0200, Expo nicely wrote:

> Wow, It works !!

Works what? The "lilo" command? What "lilo" is it? Or, are you
speaking about "liloconfig" script?

Maybe, we have no hope to know what real "lilo" command you are using,
believe me. This is caused by the PATH concept :

        /bin/lilo /usr/bin/lilo /usr/srv/bin/lilo .....

The right-most on this list take priority. You can know the answer
with "which lilo" command.

> But wich difference is on lilo in mulinux.tgz and another lilo ?

Another from another distribution? The same difference from any
other binary: it works only if libc5. LILO in addition use material
in the form /boot/*.b, and this is version-dependent.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous